Your Privacy Rights
Your rights include:
i. Right to access: you can ask details of your personal information we hold about you at any time. We will endeavor to respond to your query within 5 business days of receiving your request;
ii. Right to update: if you find out any inaccuracy or incompleteness for your personal data that we hold for you, you are responsible to update the information online through your account access. If case of problems accessing your account or changing online, please inform us and we will update our records accordingly;
iii. Right to stop marketing: You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us by contacting at email@example.com ;
iv. Right to data portability: You have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to another data controller, for e.g. a third-party provider of services;
v. Right to delete your information: You have the right to ask us to delete your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to a legal obligation to which Beepay is subject to, or to have any obsolete information removed;
You can also ask us to review any of the information we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it (except where restricted by law) at any time by contacting us on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Does Beepay Collect Your Information?
You voluntarily provide, and we collect information directly from you, but may also receive information about you from third parties (e.g., marketing agencies, market research companies, our suppliers, contractors and consultants at our group companies, your colleagues and business contacts, public websites and public agencies) automatically, when you use our Website and the Services.
We, and our third party service providers，automatically collect your information about your use of our Website and our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies.
When Does Beepay Collect Your Information?
We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use our Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
What Information Does Beepay Collect?
We may collect and use the following data about you:
• Information you give us - information about you when you sign up to use our Service, e.g. when you provide us with your personal details, such as your name and email address. This also includes information you provide through your continued use of our Services, participate in social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), payment reason, geographical location, passport/identification number, personal description and photograph;
• Information we collect - We, and our third-party service providers, collect: your domain name, your browser type and operating system, your Internet protocol (IP) address, the duration of your visit to our Website or use of our Services, your activities on our Website, and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Website.
We may also need additional commercial and/or identification information from you e.g. if you send or receive certain high-value or high-volume transactions or as needed to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable law.
We do not, however, collect and process any types of personal sensitive data without your prior consent or unless we are required to by law, for e.g. details about your race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, personal health information, etc.
How Does Beepay Use Your Information?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information:
• To validate your identity;
• To exercise our rights and perform our obligations relating to your contract with us, to communicate with you about our Services or any changes in the Service’s terms and conditions that apply to you;
• For the specific purposes you provide the information to us, including to respond to your queries, to provide any information that you request, and to provide customer support;
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Website and our Services;
• To administer our Services for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To protect our customers, employees or property — for instance, to investigate fraud, harassment or other types of unlawful activities involving us or other companies that we do business with;
• To comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements in or outside of Hong Kong;
• To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
• For purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
When Does Beepay Share Your Information?
We will only choose to share your information with third parties, including service providers, agents and suppliers, regulated institutions (e.g., financial institutions), affiliated entities, and business partners for the following reasons:
• For performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• In response to legal process – to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, summons, court order, or other legal proceedings;
• In connection with business transfers – to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with such other entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to such other entity;
• For advertisers and advertising networks solely to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
• For analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• For our group entities or subsidiaries.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by entities referred to in this clause above, who operate outside Hong Kong.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of data outside Hong Kong. In these cases, we ensure that both ourselves and our partners take adequate and appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect your data. We also ensure we have appropriate contractual protections in place with these third parties.
We do not have a published list of all of the third parties with whom we share your data with, as this would be heavily dependent on your specific use of our Services. However, if you would like further information about who we have shared your data with, or to be provided with a list specific to You, this can be requested by writing to email@example.com
How Does Beepay Store and Protect Your Information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any data transmission will be encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
How Long Does Beepay Store Your Data?
As a regulated financial institution, Beepay is required by law to store some of your personal and transactional data beyond the closure of your account with us. Your data is only accessed internally on a need to know basis, and it will only be accessed or processed if absolutely necessary. Your information shall be kept for six years from the year when the business relationship is terminated or the year when the one-off service is ended. Where you or your transaction(s) are involved with investigation (such as anti-money laundering and Counter-Terrorist financing) or other legal actions, and if such investigation or legal action is still on-going upon the expiration of 6 years, the related information will be kept until the end of such investigation/legal action.
We always delete information that we no longer need. And everything we need to keep is subject to the highest levels of security.
Changes to Our Privacy and Security Policy
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese language versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail.